Updated: April 12, 2019
– Jam 19′ Thank You note with pictures and media
– Please check your email about our ABRSM student Exam list.
List also posted in studio.
Exam time is end of May 2019.
– New round of Theory Class time posted and please note exam date (Jun 1, 2019 3 pm)
– May 11 Presentation Recital at Kirkland Performance Center
5 – 6:15 pm
6:30 – 7:30 pm
7:45 – 9 pm
– Theory results for March 2019 are out. Please check with us.
– Check studio calendar for the remaining school year events
– please continue to note down the practicing minutes and 30 pieces challenge paper for this school year.
Some helpful practice cubes (daily music time at home):
1. Repeated smart practice on particular difficult problematic spots (marked with highlighting tapes) 5 times – 15 times per practice. You could try multiple times per day esp during summer.
2. Regularly follow metronome.
3. Continuing using Hanon and Czerny op. 299 and 740 to warm up
4. Frustrated? Stuck? Go to YouTube and listen to lots of music. YouTube esp. Spotify. This is a cool channel to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsSOLdpj2noIe2ckspOg50g
5. Always try tapping the pieces’ rhythm (hands separately and both hands) AND ‘sing’ the melodies. Incorporate different elements in learning a new piece.
7. Imagine. Make up a story. Find out the composers background. Make the learning time an 3D experience.
8. Pick up some handouts in our studio for inspirations.
9. more to come….